The jewellery is prepared by the cast and by hand crafted jewellery, the Cast jewellery is prepared by throwing the molten metal in a predetermined dye, most of the jewellery you are seeing today is prepared by the Cast method. The hand crafted jewellery is produced by creating a model of Jewellery from scratch, the whole process is more complicated and the art of the jewelers is really on display when we are talking about handmade jewellery.
In this article, we are discussing what is really handmade Jewellery and we are also discussing its pros and cons:
The handmade jewellery:
Handmade jewellery is the art of the jeweler, the whole process is carried out by hand, the handmade jewellery is far more attractive and charming than Cast jewellery. It can take months to complete one masterpiece of handmade jewellery. The jeweller does all the work with the hand from scratch to create a masterpiece of handmade jewellery, for example, if a jeweller has to make a wedding band, he will take a Gold metal wire and then attach the ends together and then shape it into the circular form, he would then correct the width of the band according to his desire and then apply the desired finish on the band.
Now we discuss various pros and cons of handmade jewellery.
The pros of the hand crafted jewellery:
The main advantages of hand crafted jewellery are as follows:
- The main benefit of handcrafted jewellery, that it is unique and you may not find a piece of jewellery like that in the whole world. The main reason for that hand crafted jewellery is the creation of the Jeweller itself. The goldsmith has perfected it from the scratch. It may have some imperfection, but still, it is part of the charm of the jewellery.
- The handmade jewellery is stronger than the cast jewellery, as the metal is perfected by the hammers, so it is more shiny and attractive than cast jewellery.
- You can easily mix the metal to get the more shiny jewellery as the whole process has been done by mixing the metal by hand.
- You can make adjustments to the jewellery, as it is perfected by the hands, and you can create a masterpiece and you can do delicate work only by hands perfectly.
- Handcrafted jewellery is more attractive and beautiful as compared to cast jewellery.
The cones of the hand crafted jewellery:
There are some cones of the hand crafted jewellery:
- Handcrafted jewellery is more costly as compared to cast jewellery, as you also have to pay for the work of the artisan.
- There is no 3 D scanning of the jewellery so there can be imperfect parts of the jewellery, which can remain during the processing.
Conclusion: The handcrafted jewellery is more attractive and charming as compared to the cast jewellery, as the goldsmith can work on the slightest detail of the Jewel as compared to the cast jewellery, The handcrafted jewellery is still used to make the precious jewellery as you can’t rely on the machine to make a design of precious stones.