QuickBooks is an accounting software wide used among small and medium-sized businesses. As it provides consumer-centric resolutions for accounting business-related processes. Its tools make these processes easy for its users. QuickBooks needs various elements to function smoothly. If any of these elements fails to operate, then QuickBooks can get affected. However, QuickBooks provides a QB File Doctor Tool that diagnoses and repairs the elements. We will discuss the steps for QuickBooks File Doctor download and run through this blog. As the tool helps you to fix these types of errors. But before starting, let’s know a brief about it.
What is QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
Basically, the QuickBooks File Doctor download program is an integrated tool. It helps the users to rectify the typical company file and network issues. QB File Doctor is best known for fixing 6000 series of errors. Moreover, it also resolves the errors that occur while using multi-user mode in QuickBooks. If you are using an older version of QuickBooks, you can’t download the utility within the application. You have to download it externally.
Steps for QuickBooks File Doctor Download and Install
You can download QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from Intuit’s official website. Go to the Tools section and click on download QB File doctor. But, if it is already installed on your system, then do not download it again. Moreover, it has an installer package of QuickBooks. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, log in as an Administrator.
- Secondly, go to the system’s Download folder.
- Then, double-click on the downloaded QuickBooksToolsHub.exe to run the file.
- Click on the Run button.
- Now, follow the on-screen directions to install the QB File Doctor.
- After that, click on the “Finish” button to complete the installation process.
- Next, open the tool, and when prompted to sign in, enter your QuickBooks login details.
- Lately, you have to Choose either a Host PC or a Workstation.
Essential Points Before Using QuickBooks File Doctor
If you are going to use QuickBooks File Doctor Download, thus you need to keep the below points in mind:
- Log in as an Administrator.
- Make sure you are connected to a network when using it.
- The company file size should not exceed 2 GB for the proper working of the tool.
- You should install only one QuickBooks version.
- The Mac users can’t use the QuickBooks; it is only for Windows.
How to Run QuickBooks File Doctor Download?
Follow the given steps after downloading and installing the tool:
- Firstly, press the “Start” button on your computer.
- Secondly, click on the File Doctor application.
- Then, from the application, Browse for the company file from the drop-down menu.
- Now, click on “Check File Damage Only”.
- After that, select “Diagnose File”.
- Next, enter the Admin Password.
- You might be asked to upgrade your file. It’s an optional step.
- Click on Next, and it will begin the repairing process.
- Finally, you can access your file.
How to use the Inbuilt QuickBooks Repair Tool?
QuickBooks 2016 and onwards have an inbuilt QuickBooks Repair Tool. It can easily fix file corruption and damage issues. Following the steps:
- Firstly, open the QuickBooks Desktop app but don’t open the company file.
- Secondly, go to the File menu and choose the “Utilities” option.
- After that, tap on “Repair File and Network Problems”.
- Now, you will redirect to open a Company File.
- Next, click on the “Show Advanced Settings” and from the drop-down menu, choose the type of repair options.
- Then, enter the credentials and click on the “Next” button when asked.
- Lastly, after the process completes, open your file.
Errors can QuickBooks File Doctor Download Fix
Following is the list of errors that you can fix with the tool:
|Error code -6150||Error code -6000 -82||QB Error code -6000 -305|
|Error code -6000 -301||Network errors||Installation errors|
|Error in updating QuickBooks||Firewall port poorly configured||QB Error 6147, or Error -6130|
|And other 6000 series errors||Multi-user mode errors||Damaged company files|
|Damaged Windows registry||Data corruption errors||Malware attack hard drive|
|QuickBooks database server manager related bugs||Unable to open QuickBooks company file||Missing or blank, customer, vendor, or employee lists|
|Various types of H series error||QuickBooks Error H202||QB Error code H505|
The Bottom Line
We discuss with you the steps for QuickBooks File Doctor Download and install through this article. In the information mentioned above, we also derive the procedure of how to use it and also provide a list of errors that can be fixed by this tool. Moreover, these steps are easy; even a new user can also operate the application. It is recommended to create a backup before fixing the quickbooks company file. In case, if you still face any issues and need some expert help, feel free to call our QuickBooks Phone Number at +1-520-463-7633.