It is a known fact that slipcovers or furniture protectors have started their uses even before the medieval period. During that time, the slipcovers were made using cloth like white muslin, lightweight canvas and more. These were noted to be popular furniture covers for protecting from weather exposure, rodents and some of the other elements.
It has gained fashion trend starting in 18th century when the English aristocrats commissioned tailors for that customized slipcovers made using breathable fabrics. Then the tailors are going to outdo one another as they started crafting slipcovers with cords, piping, buttons, bows and ruffles.
It was later during 1940s and 50s, these slipcovers were made using plastic or clear vinyl. It became the main trend just to be eclipsed in current years with convenient furniture, which will not need slipover protection at all.
Learning about the furniture that needs protection:
There are some particular indoor furniture items, which will surely need the help of furniture covers. One such item will be the stools. If you have stools in home or at bar, or even in eat-in kitchen, then you know how messy it might get and pretty quickly.
- The best possible way to combat this mess is by putting on the slipcovers which can be wiped clean easily later.
- These covers come with the sports logo on them, which will make them ideal in man cave area.
- However, they can be used in any portion of the home as well.
- Just be sure that the items are snugly fitted on the stool so that the person using it will not slip off accidentally.
Now for the ottoman:
In case you are not quite happy with the way your ottoman is looking right now. Then a slipcover will be a great way for giving a fresh new look. Now, you can get these furniture covers in various fabrics and colors. So that you can update living room for extra bit of money. These covers are mainly beneficial as the ottomans might get dirty very quickly and easily. So, when that happens, you can remove the covers easily and wash them with little bit of hassle for sure. Read more – Fashion Guest Post
The love seats:
If you have a cover which is designed for a sofa. Never try to use that same one on the loveseat because it won’t work. These covers will look too baggy and big for the loveseat and won’t fit just about right.
- So, always be sure that the slipcover you plan to choose for the ottoman is easy to put on.
- If the furniture piece is larger, then the more unwieldy the slipcovers might tend to be.
Deal with the best team of experts:
Now, while searching for furniture cover, you will come across so many brands manufacturing different styles and options for you. Choosing the best one among the lot is tough and that calls for expert research materials over here. So, check in with the furniture type first before the final goal now.