Do you know when the contact lens concept initially emerged? And by whom? The Italian Renaissance polymath Leonardo da Vinci created it in 1508. A transparent globe that Leonardo created served as a model for the human eye. The observer placed his face inside his filled globe, which caused the cornea that covers the colored section to become optically neutralized. Several years later, we have moved from contact lenses to colored contact lenses, which give your eyes a more dramatic look.
Lenskart conveniently offers these colored disposable contact lenses. They are more reasonable because they are offered daily, monthly, and yearly disposables and provide great discounts. The colored eye contacts lenses are all the rage in the fashion world thanks to Bollywood beauties like Aishwarya Rai and hunks like Hrithik Roshan.
For medical or cosmetic reasons, colored eye contact lenses are a better option. However, just like anything new, treating them fairly could be challenging. They can be tricky to handle in many ways, including how to wear or maintain colored contacts. This is especially true for beginners using colored contacts for the first time.
Fortunately, information is power, and it can improve your condition instantly. This article is dedicated to handling colored contact lenses correctly because of this. You’ll be shocked to discover how simple it is. If you chose glasses because of the issue, you would immediately switch to colored eye contact lenses. Let’s now look at a complete guide to handling contact lenses without further ado.
Wear & Care Tips for Colored Contact Lenses
Let’s check some tips for using, removing, and caring for colored contact lenses. What do the terms BC and DIA in contacts mean? We’ll also draw attention to that. Let’s first check how to remove them from the packaging.
Opening a Contact Lens Vial
Extreme caution must be exercised to avoid injuring the contact lenses when opening the vials. Because they are considerate, the producers mark the bottle with signs and other noticeable symbols. Follow these instructions if you see one.
- Push the bottle’s tab upward in the direction the arrow is pointing.
- To avoid completely tearing the cap, lift the lid as slowly and gently as possible.
- The lid is then removed entirely by rotating and twisting the aluminum seal.
How to Wear Colored Contacts For the First Time
You can now put on your colored contact lenses after opening the vial. Follow these steps to do so quickly and perfectly.
Steps for Applying Colored Contacts For The First Time
You can now put on your colored contact lenses after opening the vial. To do this swiftly and efficiently, adhere to these guidelines.
Since eyes are delicate, wash your hands with soap and water before wearing contact lenses.
Put them on your hand and disinfect them with a few drops of contact lens solution.
Remove all traces of the disinfecting solution that you soaked your contacts in the night before wearing them or six hours before.
Put the contact lenses on the index finger carefully.
Pull down your lower and upper eyelid gently with your middle finger.
Put the contact on and blink several times to adjust the contact lens. Repeat the same steps for the second contact lens.
Steps for Taking Out Contact Lenses.
Again, wash and dry your hands thoroughly for the same reasons.
Pull your lower eyelid down while facing a mirror and then glance up.
When your index finger is on the lower edge of the contact, move it toward your eye.
Pinch it between the thumb and index finger after sliding it down.
Then, repeat the same procedures for the opposite eye.
Colored Eye Contact Lenses Do’s and Don’ts
How long do colored eye contacts last? Some will last for a day, a week, weeks, months, or a year. Your contact lenses will require care as long as you are not wearing the daily disposable types. You must also handle them cautiously. Check out some advice on how to maintain colored eye contacts.
- You should always use lens care solutions to clean, disinfect, rinse, and store your contacts.
- Never use tap water as it includes salts and potentially harmful substances like chlorine and metal particles.
- If your eyes are red or irritated, refrain from wearing them, as this could indicate disinfection.
- Never share your contact lenses
- Never sleep with them in your eyes.
- Replace your contact lens case every 2-3 months.
- How long may color contacts be worn? The ideal time frame is 8 hours per day.
Types of Contact Lenses at Lenskart
- Daily Disposable Contact Lenses
- Toric Contact Lenses
- Bifocal Contact Lenses
- Monthly Disposable Contact Lenses
- Coloured Contact Lenses
- Yearly Conventional Contact Lenses
- 2 Week Disposable Contact Lenses
- Day & Night Contact Lenses
Lenskart: Color Your Days
- Find the best colored eye contacts in hazel, aqua blue, brown, gray, turquoise, and green online shopping only at Lenskart.
- Renowned brands like Bausch & Lomb Lenses, Johnson & Johnson, Soflens, Pure Vision, Freshlook Lenses, and Iconnect have designed these lenses for you.
- They are more comfortable to wear because of their high water content, allowing more oxygen to travel through.
These single-use lenses have a price range of between Rs. 350 to Rs. 2,430, making them quite economical. All you need to do is to visit the Lenskart website and make your new and trendy contact lens purchase online. Discounts might range from 20% to 40%. Moreover, these contact lenses are unisex, so both men and women can use them. Become a trendsetter in one click!