The International General Certificate of Secondary Education is a two-year program for understudies of Grades IX and X (14 to 16-year-olds). It is a global educational plan adjusted to the guidelines of GCSE continued in the UK. The program is presented at a worldwide level by Cambridge Assessment International Education, a piece of the University of Cambridge. There are many International Schools in Sholinganallur OMR around Chennai OMR following the IGCSE curriculum. In this article, we will be discussing the major things you all should know when comes to International IGCSE Curriculum.
What does IGCSE Curriculum mean?
IGCSE addresses the International General Certificate of Secondary Education, made by the University of Cambridge International Examinations. IGCSE course is a two-year program intended for competitors matured 14 to 16 years, beginning at the Class 9 level. Understudies taking IGCSE assessments will acquire a capability that is perceived universally.
IGCSE gives an expansive and adaptable review program and covers subjects from various regions: Languages, Humanities, Social Sciences, Mathematics, Creative, Technical, and Vocational.
There are five subject gatherings under the IGCSE educational program,
Group 1: Languages (First Language, Second Language, Foreign Language, and so on)
Group 2: Humanities and Social Sciences (Geography, English Literature, History, and so on)
Group 3: Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and so on)
Group 4: Mathematics (Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, and so on)
Group 5: Creative, Technical, and Vocational (Accounting, Business Studies, Computer Studies, Music, and so on)
To realize which school follow the IGCSE educational program, you can look at our blog on something similar. IGCSE is the most sought-after educational program because of the variety of the course.
IGCSE and different educational programs
IGCSE vs O Level
- IGCSE up-and-comers are granted from grade A to G though, O Level competitors are granted from grade A to E.
- IGCSE tests understudies on oral and viable abilities, drive and critical thinking abilities, and how the
- understudies apply those abilities and information, and figure out in viable life.
- Coursework choices are accessible in numerous schedules in IGCSE, while O Level offers fewer choices than IGCSE.
- IGCSE readies the understudy ahead of time for business or further review. IGCSE likewise sets them up for International AS and A-Level while, O Level is intended to address neighborhood issues.
- There are a lot of practical choices accessible in IGCSE be that as it may, in O Level the pragmatic choices are limited.
IGCSE Extended versus IGCSE core
Taking into account the various capacities of each and every understudy, the instructor will choose the most proper degree for understudies. There is a decision among the center and reached out in certain papers in IGCSE.
- The main subjects are simpler than Extended and focus on most of the understudies. The grades range from C to G. Then again, the Extended educational program targets all the more scholastically capable understudies which normally leads them into proficient preparation or advanced education. The grades in the IGCSE stretched out range from A* to E.
- In certain subjects, the test covers the total capacity reach and there is no decision on Core and Extended papers. For these subjects, the full scope of grades is accessible.
- There is no impulse on understudies to follow a similar degree of an educational program in every one of the subjects. Besides, on the off chance that an understudy neglects to meet the base palatable prerequisite of one or the other center (G) or broadened (E) educational program will be upgraded.
- *’UNGRADED’ demonstrates that the understudy has neglected to arrive at the standard expected for a pass. ‘UNGRADED’ will be accounted for on the Statement of Results however not on the last declaration.
IGCSE versus IB Middle Years Program (MYP)
- IGCSE covers 5 subjects while in IB MYP there are 8 subjects. Subsequently, IB offers a large number of subjects than IGCSE.
- IGCSE is a two-year program and post that an understudy has a choice to do IGCSE An or AS Level course. IB MYP is a five-year program and the understudies who have finished the MYP are good to go to take the IB certificate course.
- IB is more extreme and gives extraordinary chances to globally settle. The IGCSE instructive arrangement is coordinated and overall in setting while at the same time being comprehensively significant at the same time.
- IB focuses more on STEM schooling. Subsequently, assuming your advantage lies in STEM you can settle on IB MYP.
Advantages of IGCSE:
The most striking benefit of the IGCSE educational program is that it is exceptionally understudy-driven and gets ready understudies as worldwide residents. In addition, here are a few key advantages:
• A request-based way to deal with teaching method assists understudies with becoming free and imaginative students, enthusiastically for deep-rooted learning.
• They take part in research work at a beginning phase throughout everyday life and find out about research techniques and morals.
• Many subjects guarantee that understudies can pick regions that match their inclinations and vocation objectives.
• The way that IGCSE schooling is perceived by the main global universities and organizations makes the way ahead for understudies more straightforward when they need to select higher investigations abroad.
Grade edge is the base grade or denotes the up-and-comer requirements to get in each test he/she has taken. The grading limit is set after each test series. The primary goal of setting the grading edge is to draw the line suitable in order to guarantee that the grade is neither too simple nor excessively troublesome from the earlier year to get. On the off chance that the inquiries in the paper were troublesome the limit is diminished as well as the other way around on the off chance that the inquiries are simple, to make the strategy non-biased.
It’s anything but a simple interaction to set the edge so every competitor scores reasonably and precisely. Nonetheless, the manner by which the grade limit is set requires plenty of reviews and assessments of the past patterns.