Everyone knows the fact that QuickBooks works impressively on our system. It provides the best outcomes in terms of accounting and business helps. However, there come various issues in the form of different bugs and errors. QuickBooks won’t open is one among them. It appears in different names such as “stuck on loading screen”, “has stopped working”, and so on.
So, if you are having any of these texts on your computer screen then conduct the same solutions given below. You will surely get rid of the issue once completed and try out these solutions. So, let’s proceed ahead and move.
What is QuickBooks won’t open?
QuickBooks won’t open appears with the restriction of accessing QuickBooks. The user finds it difficult to access the software. There occurs so many disturbances and problems if the problem is not resolved in time. It’s quite a disturbing yet problematic issue. Experts recommend knowing the causes first before conducting the solutions. So, here we are with the same.
Different Causes for QuickBooks won’t Open
QuickBooks won’t open arise due to lots of common factors. Such as:
- The company name is so long.
- Corruption within the hard disk.
- Damaged and corrupted QBWUSER.INI file.
- The operating system is out of date.
- QuickBooks desktop improper installation.
Identify the Error with Symptoms
Now, we are moving ahead towards symptoms and learning how you can easily identify this QuickBooks won’t open issue.
- Freezing of the system.
- Slow performance of the window.
- QuickBooks file is not opening.
- The user cannot get hold of QuickBooks.
- Mouse and keyboards inputs are not recognized.
If you are also experiencing the same trouble then it’s an urgent need to fix the problem. So, make sure to do it.
Different Ways to fix QuickBooks Won’t Open
The post is now covering some of the best ways that will help in troubleshooting the problem. Make sure to start from the first solution and go further.
Solution 1: Close QBW32.exe process
- The user is first required to right-click on the Windows Taskbar.
- Then, choose the Start Task Manager option.
- Thereafter, choose the Process button.
- Also, hit the Image Name header.
- Make sure to do it for arranging the process in alphabetical order.
- Once done, just save and select the EXE.
- Hit End Process.
Solution 2: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Installation
- Hit Ctrl + Alt + Del on your keyboard.
- Pick the Task Manager button.
- Then, click the Process button.
- Make sure to right-click on the QuickBooks processes.
- Subsequently, hit End Process.
- Hit End all processes when you receive a confirmation process.
- Restore the QuickBooks software.
- Finally, just choose the Repair QuickBooks button.
Solution 3: Re-Register QuickBooks
- First of all, examine whether QuickBooks is registered or not.
- Just access the QB software.
- Make sure to hit the F2 button on your keyboard.
- Meanwhile, you will encounter a Product Information window on the screen.
- Then, you need to provide the essential license number.
- It will let you know the registration status.
- The user is not required to do extra things if they find registered QuickBooks.
- If the situation is vice versa, then try to register QuickBooks.
- For that, you need to first close the Product Information window.
- Head towards the Help button.
- Click on the option for Activate QuickBooks.
- Try to examine the activation with the help of instructions.
Solution 4: Clean Install of QuickBooks
Clean installation of QuickBooks would be done in two steps. You can follow and conduct the procedure.
QuickBooks Desktop Uninstallation
- Make sure to access the Windows desktop.
- Now, move towards the Control Panel button.
- Click on the Programs and Features button.
- Hover on the list of all installed programs.
- You need to find QuickBooks from there.
- Perform a right-click on it.
- Select Uninstall/Change button from there.
- You will see a new window then named Uninstall wizard.
- Thereafter, just start the uninstall procedure.
- Finally, just reinstall the QuickBooks software when the uninstallation is properly done.
QuickBooks Desktop Reinstallation
- Once done with the following tasks, you need to start the reinstallation.
- For that, visit the downloaded files and folders.
- Also, open the installer file that has a .exe extension.
- Install QuickBooks through the guidelines appearing on the screen.
- Click Finish after completing the procedure.
- QuickBooks would be reinstalled then.
- Make sure to access QuickBooks.
- Open the QB file to see if the error has been fixed or not.
Other than this, you can run the QuickBooks file doctor to fix the issue.
Solution 5: Create a New Windows Admin
- Open the Control Panel window.
- Make sure to double-click on the User account.
- Once done, click on the Manage User.
- Select Add button option.
- Consequently, you need to enter the right admin credentials including your name and domain.
- Also, hit OK.
- Choose Administrator button if you are a Windows 10 user.
- Click on Finish.
- A new window will now pop up as User Accounts box.
- Finally, just hit the OK button.
Solution 6: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Initially, close your QuickBooks software.
- Then, download the QuickBooks tool hub
- Once done, save the file that you downloaded on an easily-find location.
- Double-click on the saved file QuickBooksToolHub.exe
- You will encounter some instructions on the window.
- Go through them and then click on the I agree button.
- Ongoing installation will be finished after that.
- Meanwhile, the tool opens up.
- Pick any of the preferred tools from there.
- Just carry out the rest procedure and fix the issue.
For more knowledge visit: Business
So, these are all the ways that will help you in rectifying the QuickBooks won’t open. We hope that you have no doubts regarding this error now.