#1 What is Hyperhidrosis?
Sweating is a bodily function that helps regulate our body temperature. But excessive sweating is problematic if it not caused by an intense workout or exposure to heat. In fact, approximately 4.8% of Americans suffer from hyperhidrosis, the scientific term for excessive sweating, which can occur without any external triggers. It has major impacts on social life.
There are two types of hyperhidrosis: primary Focal hyperhidrosis (without a specific condition) and secondary hyperhidrosis (associated with an underlying medical condition).Primary hyperhidrosis typically affects the soles of the feet, the palms of the hands, the underarms (axillary hyperhidrosis), or the face and scalp. Whilepeople with secondary hyperhidrosis sweat all over.
Are you a person with Hyperhidrosis? If yes, then I’m here to share a good solution to treat your sweaty hands and feet.
#2 My Experience
I’m a person who always suffer from excessive sweaty hands and feet. Sometime I feel so depressed because it ruins my life especially during the social interactions. I sweat a lot no matter where I am.Handshake and high5 are a nightmare for me. Whenever someone want to shake my hand or give me 5, I will be like ‘ OMG, my handsare so sweaty.what should I do?’ Then I will rub my sweaty hands on my clothes. A little “thanks” to Covid-19 as it killed handshakes.
My sweating get more serious when I’m in hurry or feeling nervous. I know it is normal to sweat when we feeling anxious but I never thought it’s actually a common disorder. When I know there is a machine called IontoDri treat excessive sweating hands and feet. I was like OMG! I should give it a try.
#3How IontoDri Machine Work?
IontoDri iontophoresis machine is a device that sending a gentle electrical current through water to shut down your sweat glands temporarily.It might sound a bit scary, but the treatment is painless and safe (needle-free and drug-free) and it is clinically proven and recommended by dermatologists.The result is not immediate like surgery. Depending on the severity of your hyperhidrosis, you will start seeing results in 1-2 weeks of regular treatments. Someone may takes 3 to 4 weeks. Since iontophoresis treatment is not permanent cure for hyperhidrosis, you need do maintenance treatment sessions to keep dry. Although it is not permanent cure, iontophoresis is still one of the best remedy for palmar or plantar hyperhidrosis.Actually there are many solutions to treat hyperhidrosis but by far this is one of the most simplest and easiest way to treat your sweaty hands and feet. So I’m so excited and can’t wait to try this.
When I first saw the device, I don’t believe it is so delicate. However, using it is very easy and only requires for you to get some tap water.For hands treatment, even without need to connect any wires.Touch a couple of buttons and sit back and relax. One of my best favorite function of IontoDri machine is that it support one hand treatment. That means I can use my other hand to read or play on the phone.
Here is what is included in the package:
– 1 case (for storage and also used for feet treatments)
– 1 All-in-one machine for hands treatment.
– 4 Spare Aluminum sheet strips
– 4 small towels (for hands and feet treatments)
– 2 cables
– 1 USB charger
– 1 instructions manual
- During the treatment, take hands/feet out of water and rub for a few seconds every 3 to 5 minutes. That will help to avoid potential side effects such as Irritation, skin reddening, burning sensation, small blisters etc.
- A majority of people will get dry hands and feet after 1 to 2 week, but it might take longer for some people. Some people may sweating a little bit more before see a positive effect.
- You may experience a slight, painless tingle sensation during treatment, which for me occasionally happens when I treating my hands. Not to worry as this side effect is only temporary. You may also experience with dry skin in the treated areas, which is why it is recommended to moisturize after each treatment.
Using the IontoDri iontophoresis device has been quite life-changing. It’s a pity that the device only support hands and feet hyperhidrosis not for underarms.If you also suffer from hyperhidrosis hands and feet, I hope this post was helpful. You are not alone!