In order to ensure a complete harmony of your mind, body, and spirit, you have to stay healthy. Now, regular exercises can surely keep you healthy, regulate your heartbeat, increase your immunity, and so on. But every exercise is not apt for everybody. So, you have to take some tips from your doctor if you genuinely want to know how to stay fit.
Now, we know making healthy choices is not always easy. For example, sometimes you have to sacrifice a lot of delicious food items, and sometimes you have to say no to drinks. But, if you are ready for this step in your life, we suggest you consult your doctor and act accordingly.
When Should You Check In With Your Doctor?
Taking a weekly or monthly appointment with your doctor to do a thorough checkup on your body is advised for people of any age group. But, if someone has chronic diseases like arthritis or high blood pressure, they should definitely check in with a doctor from time to time. You might wonder why you should suddenly check in with your doctor. Well, it’s because the coronavirus pandemic has taught us one thing that maintaining hygiene and a healthy lifestyle only can save us from this nemesis.
- If you are suddenly noticing these symptoms, you should consult with your doctor immediately;
- Fainting, lightheadedness, dizziness with light exercise.
- Rapid heartbeat.
- Pain in your chest, arms, or jaw during physical activity.
- Shortness of breath while lying down on the bed.
- Ankle swelling.
- Lower leg pain while walking.
On top of that, if you have the following diseases, you should also check in with your doctor frequently.
- Type 1, or Type 2 Diabetes.
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Kidney disease.
How To Stay Fit By Taking Help From Your Doctor?
A doctor will guide you to make healthy choices at every step of your life. Starting from doing regular physical exercises to making nutritional meal choices-a doctor takes care of everything. There are some steps you can follow if you want to know how to stay fit such as;
Step 1: Physical Exercise
Exercise every day for at least 30 minutes of the day. If you have a time crunch, break the exercise into 3 sessions of 10 minutes each. Apart from exercising, you can also do yoga, swimming, walking, jogging, dancing, running, or any other physical activities that you enjoy.
Step 2: Healthy Diet
A healthy diet is always the most crucial lifestyle choice if you want to know how to stay fit. Avoid carbs, and include fruits, nuts, vegetables, and whole grains in your meal as much as possible. Also, make sure you choose a diet with low-saturated calories and cholesterol and moderate salt, sugar, and fat.
Step 3: Avoid Smoking, And Drinking
If you smoke, try to quit. You can always consult your doctor and find out about relapse prevention and smoking cessation classes. You also have to reduce your drinking habit. Taking two drinks a week can help you stay healthy. But, if you are pregnant, we suggest you stop drinking altogether.
Step 4: Prevent STDs
Preventing STDs is also an essential consideration on how to stay fit guideline. If you have multiple sexual partners, make sure to use condoms every time. However, since condoms are not 100% effective every time, you must consider an STI screening with your doctor. It will help you prevent HIV/Aids and other sexually transmitted diseases.
Step 5: Maintain Dental Hygiene
This is probably the only advice you have heard since you are a child, and it is essential to date. Brush your teeth twice every day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. You can also use dental floss regularly and always brush your teeth after drinking or eating food.
Read Also: Sb News Room
What Are The Other Ways To Stay Healthy?
You don’t always need your doctor if you want to stay healthy. Sometimes staying happy, and tension-free is all you need to ensure your body and mind remain in perfect balance. People who get overwhelmed in their work sometimes become tired if they stay active physically, even for a small amount of time. That’s why it is essential to relax your mind. There are some suggestions to follow in this regard too, such as;
- Stay in touch with your friends and family. We know the coronavirus pandemic has made many people socially isolated, but at least talk to your friends over the phone or video call. Also, spend time with your family because a casual chitchat session with your loved ones can help you relax.
- Maintain a positive outlook, and stay involved in things that make you happy. Keep those people away who generate negative energy around you. It will help you focus on your work, and you will get the job done in no time.
- Learn to manage stress and workload. You can always take 5 minutes to break from work and meditate. We know it’s hard to meditate when you are in a work atmosphere. But, just go to a corner, close your eyes, and start counting your breaths.
- Get enough sleep, and rest every day. An adult individual has to sleep for 6-8 hours at least to function during the day. If you are facing trouble sleeping, consult your doctor. Don’t turn towards medications without checking in with your doctor first.
- If you feel depressed or anxious for a few days, make sure you talk to a trusted adult or a therapist. Depression is a sign of severe mental illness. So, it’s better to nip this issue in the bud rather than regretting it later.
Read Also: Content Rally
We have already shared with you several tips on how to stay fit. If you are not satisfied with these, you can always consult your doctor first and follow his suggestions accordingly. However, we have included some general tips here, suitable for people of any age group. So, make a healthy life choice today.