Roadrunner Email Server Settings
When it comes to the Roadrunner e-mail, the two most important components are POP and IMAP. One of these servers requires configuring an e-mail on a third-party mail application like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. These can be Outlook, Thunderbird, or any other one. The settings are needed to be done not just for your e-mail address configuration on your computer but also for your various smart devices such as your smartphones, tablets, i-Pads, and other such gadgets.
You can set up your Roadrunner email account very easily on your mail application by using the steps which have been mentioned below:
- Firstly, you will have to open a mail application of your choice. This can be anything like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc. After that, you will need to go to the “My Account” section.
- In the next step, you will have to choose the “Add Account” option. Follow this by hitting on the “E-mail” icon.
- Continuing with the process, you will have to enter your Roadrunner e-mail address. Then you would need to do the same with the Password in the field, which will need to be entered into the options that will be appropriate for them. Soon after, you will see the option for an automatic configuration of the account. You will need to skip that and then press the ‘Next.’
- Lastly, you would have to enter your e-mail server settings manually.
We have explained all about this briefly in the next section of this guide. But, first, it will help you choose the Roadrunner e-mail settings using the server IMAP or POP3.
Roadrunner Email Server Settings Instruction Guide (Manually)
To set up your Roadrunner IMAP Server manually, you will need to follow the steps listed below.
- To get started with the process, you will have to first open an E-mail Application on your system.
- After that, the second step would be to enter your Roadrunner e-mail credential details. (This should be inclusive of your E-mail Address and Password).
- Now, you would need to choose the manual setup option. There, you will have to uncheck the “Automatically Configuration” option.
- Moving further, you will have to select the IMAP server settings for the Roadrunner e-mail. To continue further, you will have to follow the configuration given below-
Step 1 – Firstly, you will have to select the Account Type- “IMAP.”
Step 2 – Secondly, you will have to check the Incoming Server is mail.twc.com
Step 3 – The incoming mail server port should be 143
Step 4 – At this point, you’ll need to select the Security Type: SSL/TLS
Step 5 – Similarly, your Outgoing Server should be mail.twc.com
Step 6 – On the same note, the Outgoing Mail Server Port should be 587
Step 7 – Remember that the Security Type and the Insecure Port should be None
Step 8 – Now, you will require to type your Roadrunner e-mail id in the e-mail field
Step 9 – Moving on further, you will be required to uncheck the option Secure Server and repeat the same for the Verified Certificate
Step 10 – This will be the stage where you will have to enter your complete Roadrunner e-mail & Password. Follow with pressing the ‘Next.’
Step 11 – Nearing completion, you will have to provide your account name. Do not forget that this will have to be the one you will want to appear on the screen on your system.
Step 12 – Once you are done, just hit on the “Done.”
Hence, these were the Roadrunner IMAP server setting in which you could configure your e-mail account on a mail application of your choice.
Roadrunner Email POP Server Settings
Follow these steps for Roadrunner e-mail POP settings –
- First things first, you’ll have to open your Roadrunner webmail on your device. After that, you will have to select the “Settings” option.
- Next, you would be required to go to the manual server settings. Then, you will have to choose the POP Settings.
- Moving to the next step, you will have to make your account type POP.
- You should remember that the incoming mail server would be mail.twc.com
- The incoming server port type would be POP3, and the port number would have to be 995.
- Here, the Security type will be None. The Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) and the Outgoing Server Port will be mail.twc.com and 587, respectively.
- The Security Type will have to remain None, so choose that.
- Lastly, you will have to enter your complete e-mail id for all the incoming and outgoing usernames, which will have to be followed by your e-mail password.
- In the final leg of the entire process, you will have to hit n the Done. With this, your Roadrunner e-mail POP server settings will be successfully configured.
Roadrunner Email Settings in Windows Live Mail Account With POP setup:
If you wish to make any changes to your Roadrunner e-mail server settings for Windows Live Mail account, then you would need to follow the steps as given below-
- In the first step, you will have to click on the Microsoft e-mail file button. Follow that with the click on “Add Account.”
- Next, you will need to click on the ‘manually configure server settings.’ You will have to do this step since the Roadrunner e-mails need a manual server configuration.
- Moving further, you will be required to enter your name in the ‘e-mail name’ section. Do this in the username section, where you will need to enter your complete e-mail address, followed by your e-mail password.
- Further on, you would have to click on the account type option, and then you will need to select the POP3 server. For both the incoming server domain and the outgoing server domain, you will need to enter mail.twc.com.
- Finally, you’ll have to click on the finish button. This will help you to configure the e-mail on Microsoft. From this action, you will see that all your roadrunner mail messages will start getting downloaded in your Microsoft mail.