If you have a business of your own, you know that it is your most important priority. Every decision you make about this is crucial and important. Usually, the first two things you have to design upon are the name and brand logo of your business, and these are not easy decisions to make.
In 2021, there are a number of designers and other businesses that can work as inspiration for your own business. But after all, they are just to provide you with ideas. It all comes down to what you think is best for your business. So let us help you out with some basics.
What are the things you need to keep in mind before you are choosing your business logo? Something that will help attract the maximum crowd.
Let us find out.
The 6 Rules to Follow
1. Colour is the key: One of the first things people will notice about your business logo is the colour. Colours are the first identifiers for anything. In your logo, you should keep the right mix and match of colours in mind. It should neither be an eye-sore nor dull. The best idea is to choose the colours and then notice if it looks good to you. It is more likely that if the colours are appealing to you, it will be so for your followers and customers as well.
2. Pick a character: You are a business focussing on a particular niche. Your logo should always uphold and indicate that niche to your potential clients. This is why it is very important to choose a logo that defines your business. It could be something as simple as the product you are offering or perhaps one that shows your promise to your clients. This is what will give your logo a character and make it stand out from the crowd.
3. Image or Icon: An indication of your business can be really helpful for any kind of advertising. This is why it is a good idea to use an icon or image while designing/choosing your logo. Let us say, your business is in the beauty industry and you need options for a barber logo maker – your focus should be to choose a logo that makes this clear to your customers. Adding a hairbrush or a pair of scissors as an icon of your logo will make it clear to your customers about the basic services you are offering.
4. Be original: It goes without saying that if you are a business owner, you are always trying to stand out against all your competitors. In fact, a good logo can be a good step in that direction. If your logo is different, creatively designed, and has a certain unique style to it – your customers are going to remember your business among all your other competitors. So originality is a very important factor for choosing any professional logo.
5. Easy to remember: When you are choosing a logo for your business, do a little brainstorming. Think back to the time you were choosing a favourite brand and what was it that made you recall the same brand for a second time. Usually, it is because they had a logo that was catchy and easy to remember for all their customers. This is what you should do when you are choosing your logo. You should not make it too complicated, because then your customers may not take the effort to remember it for the next time. Rather, choose a simple but attractive design that can be easily recalled by anyone, including yourself.
6. Take an opinion: When you are choosing something for a professional purpose, it never hurts to take a professional opinion. Take the help of a graphic designer, someone who has an idea about colours and fonts, a professional designer who can help you with colours – any of these people can easily help you make the right decision with your logo. You can even put out your logo for your already existing customers on social media and help them choose your final logo. After all, this also helps in building engagement and works in favour of your business.
We hope these tips can give you a little insight into the world of logos. The rest is up to your good judgement and instincts!