The traditional method of connecting Brother printers to the computer without using USB is pretty much similar to the traditional USB method. However, in this case, we will be using a WiFi connection between the Brother printer and the computer. Then the process of connecting a brother printer with a computer without using USB or WiFi will be like this:
There are numerous reasons for how you should go about this task.
- To start with, if your internet connection is slow, then you will not be able to upload or download files to or from your computer.
- Some of you may experience this issue, but most of the time it happens due to your ISP.
- If your ISP does not have any option of switching the USB connectivity, then you should opt for the option that provides you with internet access via USB.
- This way, you can always remain connected to your office even when you are out on a trip or a holiday.
Here is another scenario that may puzzle a lot of people. Why is the Brother printer not connected to my computer through USB and not via the wireless network? Well, the answer lies in the fact that the brother printer has a card called USB printer drivers that enables it to work even when it is connected to the computer via a wired or wireless network. So, instead of trying to find one for the printer separately, you just need to install it on the computer as per its requirements and that is where the connection to the internet happens.
- The first step is to ensure that the USB cable that you want to use to connect the brother printer with your computer is attached correctly.
- In order to do this, open the printer’s driver software (for PC) or the device driver for your Brother printer using the shortcut icon that is displayed on the device’s manager.
- Once you have opened the device manager, you should see an icon of a printer.
- If you see this icon, you should go ahead and click on it.
- Once you have selected the printer, you should see the option of updating the driver.
Now if you want to resolve the computer issue, you should go ahead and select the “Check for updates” checkbox. Once you have done so, you should see the updates being installed automatically. It takes a few minutes to finish the installation process. Once the update is completed, you should restart your computer and see whether the issue has been resolved. If the issues is still there, then you should go ahead and select the “uninstall driver” checkbox.
If you find that you still face problems in connecting the brother printer with your PC, then it may be due to one of two reasons. Sometimes, you will get error messages when connecting the USB ports of the printer to your computer. This can be fixed by adding a USB driver to your computer and updating it. Sometimes, instances occur when the communication between the device and the computer is lost due to a power loss. You should ensure that you have a working AC adapter.
Now when you are trying to resolve the computer connection issue with your brother’s printer with the help of a USB cable, you should ensure that you remove all accessories from the area such as the printer. Then plug the USB cable into the USB port on your PC. Once the cable is connected, you should see the device in the list of devices. Select the “New Connection” option and follow the onscreen instructions. Now your printer will recognize your computer and you can perform the normal printing operations. If you have lost your printer settings, you should reinstall them into the device manager.
Connect Your Brother printer to Your PC
Sometimes, you can solve this problem by just restarting your printer. However, if you are unable to connect your Brother printer with the help of a USB cable after this, you should first check for any issues with the firmware of the unit. If this is not able to resolve the issues, you may also try reinstalling the operating system of the computer.