People who notice blood in the stool and pain in the lower abdominal region should immediately consult the best gastroenterologist in Lahore. The specialist will conduct relevant tests to identify the disease and its cause. The guidance regarding the treatment option will help the patient recover smoothly without further complications?
Hemorrhoids and Its Symptoms
It is a condition, in which the patient suffers from constant unbearable pain due to the swelling in the veins present in the lower part of the rectum. The swelling is due to bowel movements, weight-related problems, and pregnancy. The patients require immediate medical attention; however, the treatment is proven effective for smooth recovery without additional physical health-related complications. The symptoms of hemorrhoids are:
- The patients suffering from the swelling can notice blood in the stool.
- The patient suffers from constant pain and itching in the anal region, which leads to discomfort.
- The patient can notice swelling in the anal region, which may cause movement problems.
- The patient may suffer from feces incontinence, which affects their mental health.
- The person may feel lumps near the anal region.
The known causes of piles/hemorrhoids are:
- The person may suffer from the condition when the veins around the rectum are dilated with blood.
- Pregnant women are at a high risk of suffering from piles as a complication.
- Individuals suffering from constipation should change their lifestyle and take proper treatment to avoid complications such as hemorrhoids.
- Individuals suffering from diarrhea may develop the condition.
- People above fifty with weight problems are at a higher risk of developing hemorrhoids that affect their quality of life.
- Individuals who engage in anal intercourse are at a higher risk of suffering from hemorrhoids and related complications.
Complication Associated with the Condition
The complications associated with hemorrhoids are:
- The patient may suffer from bleeding from the anus, which can affect the functioning of vital organs.
- The condition can lead to the development of fistulate in the anal region, which affects the overall functioning of the individual.
- The person may suffer from allergy and irritation at all times
- Individuals must take treatment to avoid further complications such as anal prolapse.
The preventive measures that can avoid the swelling and development of hemorrhoids are:
- People should focus on their dietary intake. It is essential to consume fiber-enriched food items daily and avoid processed food.
- People must avoid asserting a lot of pressure on the veins while passing stool/
- People should use a washroom as soon as they feel they need to excrete feces to avoid complications.
- People must control their body weight to avoid psychological and physical illness. Obesity can cause hemorrhoids and slowdowns the healing process.
The tests that help diagnose a person with piles are:
- The digital rectal scan helps evaluate the presence and size of the hemorrhoids.
- Sigmoidoscopy is a test that helps detect the presence of internal hemorrhoids.
Effective Treatment Options
The medication and procedures that are known to be effective in treating a patient with hemorrhoids are:
- Use of Analgesics: Patients with external hemorrhoids can use topical analgesics to deal with the pain, discomfort, and irritation.
- Use of Fiber Supplements: The supplements help loosen the stool, which can minimize the risk of further health-related complications.
- Sclerotherapy: It is a procedure in which the chemical solution is directly injected into the hemorrhoid. It helps shrink hemorrhoids and provides instant relief to the patient from pain and discomfort.
- Hemorrhoidectomy: It is a procedure that helps in removing the excess tissue causing bleeding.
People exhibiting symptoms that correlate with piles/hemorrhoids must consult a specialist at a Doctors Hospital. The competent and reliable specialist will help the patient identify the cause, and provide information regarding the treatment options. Furthermore, the doctor will guide the patient regarding the lifestyle modification that will help improve the health and avoid the reoccurrence of the disease.