A college application essay is also a personal statement or a statement of purpose. It is more than just essay writing. It includes the student’s goal, purpose to choose the college/university, and thinking process. Further, it is a deciding factor for any student who has successfully completed all tests and formalities.
Steps To Write An Impressive College Application Essay
For students, a college application essay is also an opportunity to showcase their thinking process, resilience, and communication skills. You can consider it the first assignment of your college life and we are here to offer you assignment help.
Let’s get started!
- Do ample research about the school, its culture, values, and vision. This time dives deeper to understand how the college invests in education, what campus life looks like, and others.
Your in-depth understanding of the college will show them your sincerity towards their college and your career.
- Brainstorm events and memories that had a significant impact on your life. It can be your life-changing moment, bravery, creativity or an event, or anything that is important and unique to you.
- Start writing as soon as possible. Since an application is a deciding factor for you, do not leave it for the last moment. The first draft may not be satisfactory hence, you need time to edit and revise.
- In essay writing, you need to show your contribution to the community. You can cite an experience from your life as how you have been empathetic and will keep believing in the same.
- You can be funny and make the admission officers laugh. But remember not to be irrational and insensitive. What is funny to you may not be funny to them.
- Do not be negative as to how tough your life has been to you. Instead, show how optimistic and practical you dealt with all those situations.
- Do not repeat the same incident or sentences. Be clear in your thoughts and mindful while writing.
- Share it with others to review. Ask them for feedback, and see what you can do to make it more engaging and impressive.
- Last but most important, do not fake anything. If you stay real, it will reflect on your personality.
Why Do Admission Boards Ask For A College Application Essay?
The admission college boards want to understand the state of mind of the students whom they are letting in. They are looking for students who have the potential to make life better with the opportunity they provide. Further, it builds a core relationship between the college and the student. Hence, ensure that your essay writing skills have the ability to present you in the best and genuine manner.