Amla juice or powder contains powerful antioxidants that promote overall health. It can be drunk or applied to the body and hair. It is also known to boost the immune system and effectively treat a range of ailments. Amla is also known as Indian gooseberry. Both are considered natural herbal medicines.
Amla juice and powder have many benefits for hair health.
- It improves hair color and pigmentation, making it thicker and darker. This is why amla juice is used in many hair care products and hair dyes.
- It can promote healthy hair growth.
- Strengthening hair, improves breakage, hair loss, and split ends.
- Helps build healthy, strong hair and prevent hair loss.
- The deep cleansing effect of Amla juice gives hair shine and luster.
- Prevents premature graying of hair.
- Treats inflammation and infections of the scalp, including itching.
For hair, add to shampoo or use as a conditioner. Leave it on the hair for at least 10 minutes to take full effect before rinsing. It can also be rubbed on the scalp before washing hair.
Amla powder can be purchased at many health food stores or you can make it yourself from fresh gooseberries. In this case, be sure to dry them in the shade rather than the sun to retain as much vitamin C as possible. You can also make a drink from the powder to nourish your hair from the inside out, or simply eat gooseberries. The best way to use Amla powder on hair is to combine it with water to make a thick paste. Massage well, covering the entire length and roots of the hair; leave on for 60 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
To make a drink with amla powder, mix a teaspoon or a teaspoon and a half of powder in a cup of hot water, add a little honey for sweetness and drink daily.