Individuals exhibiting symptoms such as abdominal pain, fatigue, and burning sensation while urinating should consult a urologist in Lahore. The specialist will conduct relevant tests to diagnose the disease and treat it accordingly. An early diagnosis will help prevent permanent damage to the vital organs.
Urethral Syndrome and Its Symptoms
It is a condition in which the person suffers from complications due to inflammation of the urethra. It is responsible for transporting the urine out of the body. The infection and inflammation cause the individual to suffer from the following symptoms:
- The individual has a constant urge to urinate.
- The patient suffers from pain in the abdominal region.
- The patient suffers from a burning sensation while urinating that causes discomfort.
- Individuals with urethral syndrome suffer from constant unbearable pain in the abdominal region.
- The patient has constant pressure on the bladder due to the narrowing of the urethra.
- The individual suffers from unbearable pain while having sexual intercourse.
- The patient can notice blood in their urine.
- The men can notice a discharge from their penis, along with blood in the semen. Also, men suffering from urethral syndrome can notice swelling in their testicles and pain while ejaculating.
Known Causes of Urethral Syndrome
The known causes that correlate with the urethral syndrome are:
- Abnormal narrowing of the urethra can lead to the condition. Individuals who have been through a physical injury are more likely to suffer from the urethral syndrome.
- The irritation of the urethra can lead to complications, including urethral syndrome. Individuals using beauty products with harsh chemicals are more likely to suffer from the condition.
- Women should be aware of the type of pads/tampons they use as it can lead to UTIs and urethral syndrome.
- Individuals who consume caffeine daily are more likely to suffer from the urethral syndrome.
- People undergoing radiation therapy and chemotherapy have a weak immune system that increases the likelihood of contracting infection, leading to the urethral syndrome.
- Individuals who engage in sexual activities without precautions can cause damage to the urethra leading to multiple complications, including urethral syndrome.
- Bike riding can cause physical injury leading to the urethral syndrome.
The individuals at a higher risk of suffering from the urethral syndrome are:
- People who engage in sexual activities without condoms are at a higher risk of contracting infections that can lead to the urethral syndrome.
- Women who use perfumed sanitary napkins are at a higher risk of causing irritation to the urethra leading to multiple complications.
- Individuals consuming medications can suffer from side effects that can lead to urological disorders.
Tests to Diagnose Urethral Syndrome
The tests that help diagnose an individual with the urethral syndrome are:
- Urine Sampling: The test will detect the presence of blood in the urine.
- Blood Testing: The blood test will detect the presence of bacteria in the body affecting the functioning of the urethra.
- Imaging Testing: The ultrasound of the pelvic region will detect the inflammation of the urethra to evaluate the severity of the condition.
The preventive measures include:
- People must avoid using products near their genitals.
- People should avoid wearing tight clothes to reduce the chances of inflammation.
- Individuals should get themselves treated if they exhibit symptoms that correlate with STIs.
- People should use a condom while engaging in sexual activities.
Effective Treatment Options for Urethral Syndrome
The medications that help treat the patient with the urethral syndrome include:
- Use of Antibiotics: The medications help fight the infection and reduce inflammation, to provide relief from pain and discomfort.
- Use of Antidepressants: The medication helps manage the pain and reduces anxiety to enhance the overall performance of the individuals.
- Use of Alpha-Blockers: It helps enhance the blood flow by relaxing the muscles.
- Surgery: The surgery helps widen the urethra.
Individuals diagnosed with urethral syndrome should discuss their symptoms with a urologist in Karachi to seek guidance regarding the most effective and latest treatment options for smooth recovery without further complications.